Friday, February 23, 2018

Weekly Window Shopping



Club Monaco can be really hit or miss for me. A lot of the clothes they have are too trendy for my taste, but they're high quality, so when something is a hit, it's a direct hit. This dress caught my eye because of the color (navy is my absolute favorite clothing color) and kept my attention with the details. The pinstripe adds a bit of a classic menswear vibe, the the shape of the dress and waist sash keep it feminine. This dress could be worn with a pair of pearl earrings and nude pumps to the office, or with sandals and a fun bag out to brunch with friends or on a date in the spring.



I was sitting on my couch next to my friend, Mckenzie, scrolling through J. Crew's website when I saw these shoes and my immediate reaction was "oooh!" and Mckenzie pointed at the shoes at the same time and said "I like." The color of these penny loafers jumped out at me. It's the perfect shade of coral/pink for spring and summer. Penny loafers are such a timeless style, I own some in a few different colors, but I would love to add this shade of coral to my collection.



I don't always love Lilly Pulitzer's prints, sometimes they're a bit too busy for my taste, but this print is simple enough that I really like it, it also doesn't hurt that it's navy! This would be a great dress to just throw on in the summer with a simple pair of flip flops and go, without having to think about matching any additional pieces or accessories. The fish pattern is so cute and summery, I would love to wear this to the beach or out to a casual dinner.



I saw so many adorable capes this winter, especially plaid ones, and I absolutely love the look of them, but I wasn't expecting to see the style continue into spring. When I saw this cape in Brooks Brothers' new arrivals, I immediately wanted it. It's a gorgeous, rich navy shade that will go with almost anything (I wasn't kidding when I said that navy is my favorite color). This would make a stylish alternative to a light raincoat or trench coat on a rainy spring day.



Draper James just sucks me in with their adorable scallop details on everything. This is the perfect spring tote bag to hold all your stuff. I want to take this bag shopping at a local farmers market and carry fresh flowers home in it. The simple, yet elegant, design will compliment any outfit, and I could see this quickly becoming a favorite bag.






No comments:

Post a Comment