Friday, February 9, 2018

Weekly Window Shopping



Draper James released their spring line last week and it's incredible. Draper James first caught my eye because it's Reese Witherspoon's clothing company and she's one of my favorite actresses. After watching Legally Blonde for the first time I knew I wanted to be a lawyer. This trench caught my eye because of the darling scallop details. They really elevate the classic trench.



Brooks Brothers is my go to for classic button down shirts for work. They're high quality and they fit well. They don't do that awkward thing where the buttons around the bust tug and pull. I get really excited when Brooks Brothers adds feminine details to their classic button downs. The bow on the shirt really elevates it and I would wear this shirt more casually to meet friends or out on a date night as well as to the office.




Lilly Pulitzer also released their spring line last week, it's that time of the year when a new spring line is rolling in every other day. I'm a big fan of Lilly Pulitzer's solid pieces, some of the prints can get a little too crazy for my taste, but they have classic styles that look great in solid colors. This sweater immediately caught my eye. It's a great transition sweater for those weeks when it's freezing in the morning but in the 70's by the afternoon. I love the ruffled sleeve detail, and the sweater would look great with a statement necklace. I would love to pair this with white pants or subtley patterned shorts.




Another piece from Lilly Pulitzer that caught my eye. I could see myself just throwing this tank on in the spring and summer and not having to even think about it. It's reversible, so it's two tank tops in one, and I love that you can see the periwinkle poking out from under the sky blue, it adds a small dose of color blocking that really elevates the simple tank.



Last summer I was on the hunt for a simple, classic white sundress. I got extremely frustrated because nothing that I tried was what I was looking for. I must have tried on at least a dozen dresses and they were all too formal, too trendy, or too sheer. I had given up and I wasn't planning on trying to find one this spring or summer, but then I saw this gorgeous dress on Tuckernuck's website. I think this dress is the reason that I couldn't find a good white sundress last summer. I was meant to have this one. The tie front creates some flattering definition in the waist, and it's casual enough to throw it on with some flip flops while still being elegant. You can expect to see this dress in a Monday outfit post once the weather gets warmer, I can't not buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment