Monday, April 23, 2018

Whimsical Wicker





Every Wednesday my favorite craft cocktail bar in Durham, Alley Twenty-Six, does Waikiki Wednesday. They have tropical drinks on the menu and you can order coconut shrimp as a snack. The bartenders wear Hawaiian shirts and leis, and they select one of the tropical drinks on the menu and if you order that drink you get a lei as well! Last week, I had been cooped up in my apartment for the past few days studying for finals and wearing nothing but leggings and t-shirts, so my friend and I decided to get dressed up and take a study break at Waikiki Wednesday. The bar is called Alley Twenty-Six because it backs up to this adorable brick alley.

It was incredibly warm in Durham last Wednesday, were fully in the swing of spring now, so I took the opportunity to wear a fun dress and sandals. I got this Lilly Pulitzer dress last summer, and it's one of my favorites. It's swingier and more free-flowing than most Lilly dresses, which makes it incredibly comfortable and flattering, even when I'm chowing down on coconut shrimp! I love the ornate details around the neckline. Navy and gold are always a winning combination for me, and with this neckline I can keep the rest of my jewelry pretty simple.


I'm really excited that spring is here to stay, because I have finally been able to start carrying my wicker bag within the past week or so. A wicker bag for the spring and summer is whimsical and timeless. The neutral color of the wicker goes with almost any outfit, and it instantly gives off a fun and festive vibe. I've seen a lot of wicker bags around that are smaller or have unique shapes, but I love how practical and classic this bag is. It has room for my wallet, sunglasses, cellphone, lipstick, kindle, and more. I like the slightly rounded shape, but it's not too trendy of a shape so I'll be able to carry it or many seasons to come.


This was also only the third or fourth opportunity I've had to wear sandals since it's gotten warm again. I love these Jack Rogers sandals. The style of classic Jacks are so fun and such a style staple, but I have a personal aversion to flip flops. I prefer my sandals to be secure on the back of my foot. When I wear flip flops I just always feel like they're going to slip off while I'm walking and I never feel quite comfortable in them. I'm so glad that I found these sandals, because the style and design gives a nod to the classic Jack Rogers look, but they have a strap around the ankle to keep them secure.

























Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (similar)

Shoes: Jack Rogers

Purse: J. McLaughlin

Bracelet: KJP

Earrings: Kendra Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment