Monday, May 28, 2018

A Sailing Scarf


I spent the weekend after my graduation relaxing and decompressing at my fiance's house. It had been a very hectic week leading up to graduation, with two short trips and then prepping my apartment for my family to visit. Graduation weekend itself was also very busy, with various reservations and graduation activities, so it was nice to just relax for a week and not have any plans. While my fiance was at work, I would sleep in, run an errand or two, get ahead on my bar exam prep, and watch a couple shows on Netflix. It was nice to do everything at a leisurely pace and not feel rushed or like I had a huge to-do list to complete.


Since I knew I would be spending the week just relaxing, I only packed casual and comfortable outfits. My navy peplum top is a few years old from J. Crew, and it's one of my favorite closet staples. It's so simple, comfortable, and easy to accessorize in so many different ways. The neckline is great for pairing with statement necklaces or with long earrings. I also like that I can wear this top with any style of bottoms, it looks great with shorts, jeans, and fitted skirts. I can even wear it to work with a pencil skirt or dress pants. It's one of those classic pieces that can be worn forever, without having to worry about it going out of style.


This is one of the first times that I've styled this top with a scarf. I didn't pay attention to the dimensions when I ordered this scarf online, and I thought that it was going to be a good size to tie around a ponytail and wear in my hair. I was very surprised when I opened the package and saw that it was much larger than I anticipated, but it's a great size to wear as an alternative to a statement necklace. It's hard to tell when it's tied around my neck, but the scarf has a very cute yellow and pink watercolor style sailboat image on it. It's the perfect design for the summer, and the navy and ivory background make it so easy to pair with almost any colored top or dress. It was the perfect accessory for my simple running errands outfit.

























No comments:

Post a Comment