Monday, June 18, 2018

Weekend Wine Bar

























Last Friday I kicked off the weekend by heading to a local wine bar, The Winefeed, with Erik and my friend Mckenzie. It's such a cute space with lots of windows for natural light, a huge bar to sit at, a cozy lounge area with some comfy couches and a fireplace, and a little patio to enjoy the beautiful summer weather. I indulged in an amazing rose flight, because summer afternoons always have me craving some rose, and we split a delicious fig and prosciutto flatbread. It was the perfect way to relax and start the weekend, and a great place to catch up with friends.
























I wanted to look cute, but still relatively casual, so I opted for this striped skirt. For the longest time I was really reluctant to wear skirts, I would always stick to dresses. In college, all the boutiques near my school only carried really short skirts, probably because I went to school in Los Angeles, and I always felt like the fit me funny. They always felt shorter in the back then they were in the front, so I was very self conscious and uncomfortable wearing skirts. I've been making an effort recently to find skirts that I'm more comfortable with, and I love this striped skirt. It hits right above the knee, so there's no risk of it being too short in the back, and it has pockets! Who doesn't love a skirt with pockets? The classic blue and white stripes make it so easy to pair a top with. I love how the navy looks with it, and a simple white top would also look great. I added a nude skinny belt for a little more waist definition and to jazz up the outfit a little bit.
























Since my outfit was relatively simple and neutrally colored, I decided to have a bit of fun with my jewelry. My druzy necklace adds a fun sparkle and kept the top half of my outfit from being too drab. The neckline of this tank just begs for a pendant necklace to be worn with it. I also skipped my regular watch in favor of a pave bracelet, for even more sparkle. This outfit made me feel very grown up and mature as I sipped on my wine flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment