Monday, June 11, 2018

White Dress in Willmington

























Last weekend Erik and I took a day trip to Wilmington on Saturday. We had tickets for a Saturday matinee performance of Rent. The show is currently on a 20th Anniversary Tour, and it was playing at the Cape Fear Community College theater. Since we were already coming into town for the show, we decided to make a day out of it and got to Wilmington early enough to grab brunch before the show. After the show we walked around downtown for a bit and stopped by our favorite coffee shop and a wine shop that we stumbled upon the first time we visited Wilmington. We ended the day with dinner at Manna, they have the most incredible scallop dish and we were both craving seafood.


I love getting dressed up for the theater, and since it was a matinee show, a sundress was definitely in order. I was excited to wear my new Draper James dress. I wore this dress in a different floral print for my birthday back in March, and when new patterns were released at the start of the summer I knew that I needed to grab this one. The cut of the dress is so flattering, and the length is the perfect balance of flirty and fun, while still having great coverage. The blue and white floral pattern is what really sold me on this dress though. Blue and white is my favorite color combination, especially for summer. Most of my dresses tend to be primarily navy with touches of white though, and I was so excited that white was the main color of this dress. It makes it stand out a bit from similar dresses in my closet. The cut of this dress is one of Draper James' signature styles, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting a new Love Circle dress in a new pattern every season. It's the perfect dress.


I was also really excited to wear these heeled sandals out and about. When I was getting dressed Erik looked down at my feet and told me that I wasn't allowed to complain to him if my feet got uncomfortable from walking around in heels. These shoes are so comfortable though. The chunky heel makes them so easy to walk in, and the heel is only about 2 inches high. They're great for giving a bit of added height if you're trying to look more dressed up, while still being easy to walk in. What I love most about these shoes though are the scalloped straps. They are so cute and fun, and make these navy sandals the perfect summer heel.

























~ Dress ~ Purse (similar) ~ Necklace ~ Heels ~ Sunglasses ~ Watch ~

No comments:

Post a Comment