Monday, July 9, 2018

Printed Pants at Pour

























This week is my last week in Durham before I move. I'm traveling for about two months between leaving Durham and moving up to New Jersey, so I won't actually get settled into a new apartment until mid-September. Erik keeps joking that I'm going to be homeless for 2 months, which is technically kind of true! I have plans this week to visit some of my favorite places in Durham before I leave, and I started doing that this past weekend by heading downtown for some Disney Trivia at Pour Taproom. Before heading into Pour, I hung out for a little bit in one of the main squares in downtown Durham. It was a beautiful day and downtown is just so cute. Durham is often referred to as the Bull City, and there's a huge bull statue downtown. The name comes from when Durham was a big tobacco producing town, starting way back in the late 1800's. Bull Durham Tobacco Company was founded in Durham and was widely successful, and heavily featured images of bulls in its advertising, and Durham became known as the Bull City.
























For an afternoon spent playing trivia, I decided to go with a more casual and comfortable outfit. The weather was beautiful, not too hot, so I was able to wear a pair of my favorite printed capris. I love a navy printed pant. The navy and white color scheme keep the pants relatively neutral, but the print still makes them a fun statement piece. These capris in particular are incredibly comfortable. They're high-waisted, which I love, and the material is somewhat soft with a bit of stretch to it. LOFT makes the capris in both a curvy and straight fit, so they're perfect for any body type. I usually wear these pants with a simple white top, but I wanted a splash of color so I opted to pair them with this cute Draper James bright pink top. It's an incredibly versatile and fun top, with gold buttons going up the top half of the front, and adorable ruching and bow details on the shoulders. It adds the perfect pop of color to an otherwise simple outfit.

























~ Top ~ Pants ~ Sandals (similar) ~ Bracelet (similar) ~ Watch ~ SunglassesHandbag (similar) ~

2 comments:

  1. These pants are so cute!!
    Xo, Kelsey
    www.bleuandwhit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Love a good blue and white combo!

      Delete