Monday, July 23, 2018

Very Cherry

























I moved out of my apartment in Durham last week, and now I'm living out of a suitcase and traveling for the next two months until I move up to New Jersey. I stayed at Erik's for a week, now I'm at my parents in New Jersey so that I can take the New Jersey Bar Exam this week, on Thursday I will be heading to Annapolis and D.C. for a long weekend, and then I'm off to Spain, Portugal, and Morocco for almost all of August. I'm excited to do so much traveling, and to finally have the Bar Exam behind me, but living out of a suitcase is stressful. I love to be able to look into my closet and get an idea of what I want to wear for the week. But with everything packed up, and most of my accessories and fun handbags in storage, I've been having to wear simpler and less thought out outfits. I also haven't really had the time of the energy to bother to look nice most days. When I spend the entire day inside studying, it's hard to have the motivation to look cute, so I've been cycling through a handful of my favorite and most comfortable t shirts and blouses, instead of being creative with my outfits. It's a bit frustrating, but in just two days the Bar Exam will be behind me and I'll have more time for some self-care!
























I did manage to put together one simple, but still cute, outfit last week while I was staying at Erik's. This high-neck top is one of my favorite styles from J. Crew. I got the same style of top in a navy and green tartan print back in December, and I fell in love with the top. The high-neck is flattering and adds a touch of interest, also the bow in the back is adorable. I can't resist a top of a dress with a bow. I was so excited to see this top come out in a cherry print for summer. The cherries are such a fun and bright print for the summer. I paired this top with some slightly high-waisted navy shorts from the LOFT. They are the comfiest shorts I own. They're soft and have just the right amount of stretch. The higher waist makes them perfect for when you want to tuck in a top for a more cleaned up and put together vibe. They're my staple shorts for the summer.

























~ Top ~ Shorts ~ Bracelet ~ Earrings ~ Sandals (similar) ~

No comments:

Post a Comment