Friday, August 31, 2018

Weekly Window Shopping: Lilly Pulitzer

While I was abroad for 3 1/2 weeks, I didn't have access to the Lilly Pulitzer website, I think it's blocked outside of the U.S., and I missed a lot of great new arrivals. So this week's Weekly Window Shopping will be spotlighting Lilly Pulitzer.



If I was taller, I would swoop these up so fast. They are great pants for the transition from Summer to Fall. They're breezy and loose while still offering full pants coverage. They look great with sandals or ballet flats. And they can be paired with a simple tank, or layered with a cardigan. The stripes offer so many options for a solid colored top to pair with them. In the Fall, I would wear these with a plain navy tank, a camel cardigan, and nude flats.



White eyelet tops are perfect for almost every season. I love the detailing around the neckline on this one, and the slight ruffle in the sleeves. If you're somewhere that is still hot and summery in September, this would look great with navy shorts, nude or white sandals, and a delicate pendant necklace. If you're somewhere that will start getting cooler in the next couple of weeks, I would wear this with dark wash skinny jeans, nude or brown heeled booties, and bright statement earrings.



I'm a sucker for classic Lilly navy dresses. I have over half a dozen in my closet already, and I'm dying to add this one. This dress is such a timeless and flattering style, and as an added bonus, it has pockets! The higher v-neck is feminine, without showing too much, and with the detail around the neckline you have the option of adding a delicate gold or pearl necklace, but it would look just as good with no necklace at all. This would be a great dress for end of summer weddings and brunches.



Another piece that makes me with I was taller. The ginger jar print on this dress is to die for. The details in the print are gorgeous, and the melon pink color is unexpected in this print, but it works. Since this pattern in so busy, I would keep my jewelry relatively simple with this dress, maybe a pair of blue or white studs, or a simple gold bangle. I would really let this dress speak for itself.



This top really gets back to Lilly's classically preppy roots. You can't go wrong with a blue and white striped button down, it never goes out of style, and the ruffles on the sleeve add that something special to really elevate the shirt. You could get away with wearing this shirt to work in an office environment, I would pair it with either a beige pencil skirt or navy straight leg dress pants, and nude pumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment