Monday, March 5, 2018

Rooftop Views

























The weather in Durham over the past two weeks has been all over the place. We've had days where it's been sunny and in the high 70's/low 80's, and the next day it's in the 40's and raining.  On one of the warm days, I took advantage of the weather and went to one of the few rooftop bars in Durham. Durham does not have as incredible of a skyline as New York or Chicago, or in big city, but it's still a great view, and I got to the rooftop as the sun started to set, so I got some beautiful sunset views. This rooftop is in downtown Durham, and it's popular with the young professionals that work in the area, so I decided to go with a look that could easily transition from the office to happy hour. If I was wearing this outfit to work I would probably swap out my jacket for a blazer, and maybe put on a pair of black pumps instead of my nude flats. It's a very versatile outfit.


I got my jacket from Madewell and it's a perfect light jacket for fall and spring. It's not too heavy, so it's great for a nice day with a breeze, or to wear in the evening on a spring day. It has tons of pockets that well positioned, so I can stash my keys and my phone in my pockets without looking bulky. I got my top from Anthropologie a few years ago, and it's such a versatile top. It's work appropriate when paired with nice pants or a black pencil skirt and a cardigan or blazer, but it can also be worn casually or for a date night with jeans and black booties or black sandals. It's an incredibly soft knit material, and I'm sure it will be in my frequent work wear rotation once I start working after graduation.

I've written about my pants many times on the blog. They're from J. Crew and I have them in black, navy, and burgundy. They are the most comfortable pants I own (aside from leggings), and the pocket placement is incredibly useful and flattering. There's no additional hip weight added by keeping stuff in your pockets with these pants. They're also incredibly versatile pants; I wear them out, to school, and I wore them to work over the summer. I'm hoping that J. Crew makes them in a light gray sometime soon, I would immediately buy them.



Since this outfit is a lot of neutral colors, I decided to have fun with my jewelry and add some sparkle. My necklace is from Kendra Scott, and it goes with everything. It's a great necklace for when I want something dainty and fun. However, the chain is a little bit short, if you like longer necklaces I would recommend getting a chain extender for this one. My bow bangle is from Kate Spade, and I love stacking it with a watch or another bracelet. I love bow details, and this is the perfect subtle but fun detail that plays well off a somewhat professional outfit. My pave chain link bracelet is my go to bracelet for when I want simple but glamorous jewelry. It works with almost every outfit, and it's such a timeless piece. I really liked how all my jewelry is different, but the gold base with rhinestones and sparkles tied all three pieces together.

My shoes are nude Tory Burch flats that I got for my birthday two years ago. I'm so loyal to Tory Burch when it comes to shoes. These flats are very comfortable, and they don't really show any wear. They look like they could be a month old, instead of two years old. I wear these shoes frequently because they're such a great neutral color, and Tory Burch currently has a very similar pair on sale.




Jacket: Madewell, also available at Nordstrom.

Top: Anthropologie two years ago, similar available this season.

Pants: J. Crew.

Shoes: Tory Burch two years ago, similar available this season.

Necklace: Kendra Scott.

Chain Link Bracelet: J. Crew Factory.

Bow Bangle: Kate Spade two years ago, similar available this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment