Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve


Hey guys, so I'm doing my fashion post a day early this week, because tomorrow is CHRISTMAS!!! I'm so excited to spend time with my family and indulge in Christmas cocktails and cookies. The holiday season brings with it some of the most fun and cozy classic styles of the year. If you're in need of some last minute Christmas Eve/Christmas Day outfit inspiration, look no further. I wore this outfit to the Nutcracker with my girlfriends a few weeks ago. It's the perfect mixture of comfortable, classy, and festive. It would be a great outfit for Christmas mass or if your family likes to dress up a little for Christmas dinner. Nothing says Christmas quite like tartan and sparkles!

This top is from J. Crew and I love it. It's simple enough that I can be a bit more daring with the pants or skirts that I pair it with, but not so simple that it's boring. Ruffled sleeves are very in right now, but sometimes I think that the ruffles can get too large and overwhelming, and winds up looking a bit clown-like. These ruffles are moderate enough that they still look classy while being fun. I really like how close together the two ruffles are, so they create a really pretty waterfall type affect. The sleeves end up being about 3/4 length sleeves with the ruffle, and would look great with a dainty bracelet of a simple watch. Additionally, you can't see it in these pictures, but there's some subtle button detailing on the back of the top. It buttons in the back with three vertically aligned buttons that have about two-inch gaps between the buttons, so at certain angles your back peeks out a bit. It's not a dramatic open-back look, but it's a subtle touch that I really like. This top is available in five different colors, and I'm dying to get it in ivory too. One other detail about the top is that it begs to be paired with a statement necklace. The neckline is so simple and classic that it looks great with some extra drama and flair from a fun necklace.


I chose to pair the top with the Delphine Statement Necklace from Perry Street. I love how this necklace incorporate pearls and crystal stones. It gives a sparkly update to a classic look. When I got this necklace I thought that it was perfect for a holiday look. Since my pants are somewhat brightly colored, I didn't want to wear a necklace with a lot of color because I thought it would be too busy, and this necklace offered the ideal balance between neutral colors, while still being a fun, glamorous look.

I love these pants, but I feel like I can't really wear them very often outside of the holiday season, so I try to wear them as much as possible in December. They're Vineyard Vines from a few years ago, and they're wool so they're so cozy and comfortable, without being too casual. The tartan pattern is primarily blue and green, but if you look closely, there are thin red lines going through them as well, which adds an extra touch of festiveness. I like to pair these pants with more simple tops. Since I'm short, too many patterns or bright colors tend to overwhelm my frame. I've worn them with this top a few times, but I also like to wear them with ivory, gray, and navy blouses and simple sweaters. I think they would also look great with a red top if I could find one in the same shade of red as is in the pants. 

Lastly, I went with simple black ballet flats for this outfit. I really wanted the focus to be on the statement necklace and the tartan pants, so I kept my footwear simple. These are the Tory Burch Minnie Travel ballet flats, and they are incredible comfortable. The leather is incredibly soft, and the back of the heels is elastic, so there's no breaking in period or rubbing against the back of the heel. As I mentioned last week, I prefer my logos to be subtle, so I love that the Tory Burch logo here is a matte black and blends in nicely with the rest of the shoe. These are my go to black shoes when I don't want to wear boots.


Top: J. Crew.

Necklace: Perry Street, similar ones at Baublebar and Kate Spade.

Pants: Vineyard Vines from two years ago, similar ones from Talbots here and here.

Shoes: Tory Burch.

No comments:

Post a Comment