Monday, April 2, 2018

Golden Birthday

























Last weekend I celebrated my golden birthday, I turned 25 on the 25th. The year from 24 to 25 has been a great year for me. I got engaged to my wonderful fiance, I received a full time job offer for after I graduate law school, and I started this blog. I'm looking forward to what this upcoming year has in store for me. Over the next year, I will graduate law school and move up to New Jersey to start working full time. This will be my first year where I'm no longer a student, and I'm very excited to actually start my career and see where the law takes me.

Since my birthday was on a Sunday, I decided to celebrate with my friends at brunch. I love brunch, and I love it even more in spring and summer when brunch means donning a fun and beautiful sundress. I was so excited to wear this Draper James dress for my birthday. It's the love circle style, and after wearing this one I want to buy the love circle dress in every print that Draper James has! It's an incredibly comfortable and flattering dress. The v neck gives the dress a youthful and fun flare, while still being modest because the v doesn't dip down too low. The dress goes in at the perfect spot on the waist, it's perfect for anyone with an hourglass figure, and the length is long enough that I didn't feel like I had to keep pulling on the back of the skirt to make sure everything was covered. I highly recommend this Draper James dress, and within the last two weeks they have released it in even more patterns and prints.


My coat is also from Draper James, and it's a fun and feminine take on a classic spring trench coat. The sleeves are 3/4 length, so you can still show off any bracelets or a watch while wearing the coat. Unlike a classic trench, this coat doesn't have a collar, which adds a bit more femininity to the coat. What really caught my eye and made me really want this coat the first time I saw it is the scallop detail around the waist. I'm a sucker for scallops, and these scallops are just so much fun, while also highlighting the waist and adding a very flattering element to the coat. This coat is easy to dress up or down, it looks just as cute with jeans as it does with a dress, and it's already become my go to coat for when it's sunny out but there's still a breeze or chill in the air.


The fun colors in the floral pattern of the dress gave me a lot of great jewelry options, and I opted for these Kendra Scott earrings. The earrings played well off of the teal in the dress, and they added just the right amount of sparkle to my outfit. I don't always like dangly earrings, because they can feel a bit too heavy on my ears, but these earrings felt light as a feather. After wearing these in teal, I'm tempted to get another pair in a more neutral, every day color.

Even though it was a sunny and beautiful day, it was still a bit too chilly for sandals, so I opted for Tory Burch closed toe wedges. I got these last summer to wear to work, and they are incredibly comfortable and versatile. The wedges are much easier to walk in than a heel of the same height, and I've been able to wear them to work in an office, to a wedding, for date nights, and now to brunch! When it comes to shoes, Tory Burch is always one of my favorites. The shoes are always such great quality and I know I'll be able to wear them for years to come.

























Dress: Draper James

Coat: Draper James

Earrings: Kendra Scott

Watch: Michele Watches

Shoes: Tory Burch (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment