Monday, December 4, 2017

Bows At Brunch


For me, brunch is an event. Cocktails flow, it can last hours, and I get to spend time with friends that I don't always see during the week. Brunch is special, and I love to wear dresses to brunch to enhance the specialness. In the spring or summer, you can catch me in a sundress, wedges, and maybe a big floppy hat if I'm feeling a little extra, but in the fall, I love pairing boots with a darker colored dress. Brunch in the fall calls for a navy, burgundy, or gray dress and riding boots or suede booties.

                                                             

 




This Sunday I decided to pair a navy Lilly Pulitzer dress with brown Tory Burch riding boots. It was a crisp fall day, but not too chilly, so I didn't need a full coat, and instead opted for a light jacket from Madewell. I love this dress because even though it's a shift dress, it's not as structured as most Lilly Pulitzer shifts, so it's more playful and fun, and it's a bit more forgiving when I'm indulging in a three-course brunch. The gold circle trim adds some elegance and sparkle to an otherwise simple dress, and I'm absolutely obsessed with the subtle bow detailing at the bottom of the dress. The details really take this dress up a notch and give it that WOW factor.

My Tory Burch riding boots are a staple for me in the fall and winter. I got them last year, and I love that the Tory Burch logo is very understated and doesn't take up the whole top portion of the boot. These also boots go great with jeans and a sweater for a more casual look. I got my jacket just a few months ago and it's perfect for fall. In the South, wool or puffer coats aren't needed until late December or January, if at all, and a light jacket like this one is perfect for a brisk fall day.



Dress: Lilly Pulitzer Stella Shift, currently sold out in most sizes, but for a similar look I recommend this or this.

Jacket: Madewell Fleet Jacket in Light Latte.

Boots: Tory Burch Jolie Riding Boot, last year's collection, I recommend these or these from the 2017 collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment