Monday, December 11, 2017

Holiday Tea


My friends and I have a tradition of getting together for holiday tea sometime in December. We use it as an excuse to get dressed up and take a break from studying. We did tea at a nice hotel in town, the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, North Carolina. They offer afternoon tea all year, but it feels so much more special during the holiday season. The hotel is covered in Christmas decorations, there are trees in every room and wreaths all over the place. It feels like a magical Christmas wonderland.



Since this was the first truly Christmas event that I've attended this year, I was so excited to wear my new KJP Cozy Cabin Flannel Dress. The red plaid flannel is so classically Christmas, it just screams festive! I absolutely love this dress. The flannel makes it the softest holiday dress I own, and I love that the skirt flairs out instead of being cut straight like most shirt dresses. A skirt you can twirl in is the best kind of skirt. I paired the dress with my favorite Kate Spade earrings to wear during the holiday season. They look like they should be the bow topper for a present under the tree. They're my go to all December because they're simple enough to match with everything.


I was expecting to wear to have to wear the dress with tights and a coat, but as those of you that have spent time in the South, December can sometimes be just as warm as September or October. The weather was not as festive and holiday ready as I was. Instead, of tights, I was able to wear the dress with just a pair of suede tan booties. I got mine at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale a few years ago, I often pick up staple boots at that sale. I brought my Kate Spade XXX bag along with me. I love how the camel color plays off of the red of the dress.



Dress: KJP.

Earrings: Kate Spade, I got them last year, but currently the Kate Spade Surprise Sale has the same ones but with a little extra bling.

Boots: Nordstrom BP from a few years ago, Nordstrom has some similar boots available here and here.

Bag: Kate Spade from the summer, Kate Spade has bags in the same shade of camel here, here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment