Monday, January 29, 2018

Kicking My Feet Up

This week I'm featuring a fun date night outfit. Even though my fiance and I have been together for almost four years, we make an effort to still go on dates regularly, and I always like to dress up and do my makeup for our dates. It helps keep the romance alive and our relationship more fun. The outfit that I wore out this past weekend would also be a great Valentine's Day date outfit if you don't like to wear bright red or pink, it would be a great subtle and more mature Valentine's Day outfit.


























I am absolutely obsessed with the pants that I'm wearing. I love them so much that I own them in navy and black as well. They're from J. Crew and they're the most comfortable and flattering pants that I have ever worn. They're structured enough that I can get away with wearing them in a business casual setting, I wore them to work over the summer all the time, but they have a decent amount of stretch in them, so they're flattering, comfortable, and not too restrictive. They have large pockets on the front side that zip open and close. They are the best pockets I've ever seen on women's pants. They're position on the front of the upper thigh, instead of on the side/hip area, so that when you put anything in them they don't immediately make your hips look twice as wide. They're also big enough to fit most smartphones (they fit my iphone 6 with it's case) and still zip shut. The zipper keeps anything you put in the pockets close to your body, so the pocket doesn't sag at all. I've literally never seen better pockets on women's pants. I also really like the length of these pants. I'm 5'4" and I bought them in a petite size. They fit me like ankle pants, so they never drag on the floor or awkwardly bunch at my shoes. They look great with flats and with heels, but I will admit that they do not work well with boots or booties. The color that I'm wearing here is Vintage Merlot (I love the name almost as much as I love the actual color), and it looks great paired with black, white, cream, beige, and navy. They add some fun and color to a simple black top. I wear these pants, including the black and navy ones, 2-3 times per week in the fall and spring, and I can't recommend them enough. They're my favorite pants.


Since my pants were a fun color, I paired them with a somewhat simple black top. I got this top in the Draper James sale two weeks ago, and it's still available and on sale on the website. The material is kind of a stretchy jersey-type material that's very comfortable, and the bow and jewels around the collar add a feminine touch. I have a weakness for bows, so this top immediately called to me. The sleeves are 3/4 length, so it looks great with a bracelet. I wore my gold pave crystal chain link bracelet that I got from J. Crew years ago, and they have the same style on the J. Crew Factory site right now. It's a simple but glam bracelet, that goes with almost everything. It's big enough to make a statement, but is still somewhat delicate. I get so much wear out of this bracelet, and here the gold in the bracelet played well off the gold detailing around the collar of the top.


























The ankle length of my pants perfectly high-lighted these ankle-strap pumps. I don't usually wear heels casually, I generally only wear them to work or to formal evening events, but I recently found these incredibly comfortable, relatively low, block heels. I have to walk a couple blocks from the parking garage on campus to my classes, so I can't wear sky-high stilettos on the regular, but these pumps are definitely comfortable enough to walk around in. The ankle straps keep the shoes in place, so that there's no risk of my feet sliding forward and my toes ending up squished after taking a couple steps. They're low enough that the balls of my feet and my arches don't ache from walking around in them, but high enough that they still feel fun and glam. I can definitely see myself wearing these heels with black pants or black pencil skirts to the office once I start working full-time next fall. They're good quality and not overly trendy.



Top: Draper James.

Pants: J Crew, sold out in the Vintage Merlot color, similar pant available in similar color from Talbots.

Bracelet: J Crew Factory.

Shoes Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment