Monday, July 16, 2018

Florals in Navy Yard

























Last week I was in D.C. for the Taylor Swift concert (it was so amazing, she put on such a fun show), and while I was there I decided to check out a potential wedding venue. Erik and I are having a long engagement, so we haven't really started planning the wedding yet, but we do know that we want to get married in D.C., and I'm hoping to book a venue sometime this fall or winter, so over the next few months whenever I'm in D.C. I plan on looking at a venue. This venue was called District Winery, it's a urban winery in the Navy Yard neighborhood. It has gorgeous views of the water from the rooftop patio. I'm a sucker for an ocean or river view, so I really liked this place. We got to District Winery before our appointment, so we decided to check out the Navy Yard neighborhood and walk along the water for a bit. It's really an up and coming neighborhood. I stayed here for a long weekend last summer, and it has already changed so much with new restaurants and shops sprouting up, and construction going on for new apartment buildings. It's a really cute neighborhood in D.C. that's far away from the crowds of tourists around the monuments and museums.





I picked up this dress from Nordstrom a few days before I left for D.C. I was returning some things, and this dress immediately caught my eye. I don't wear green too frequently, but this shade jumped out and me and I love the floral print on it. There's also a simple bow detail at the neckline that really elevates the dress. A few months ago I bought a midi length shirtdress and absolutely loved the length of the dress, so I've been on the hunt for more midi length dresses all summer, and was so pleased when I found this one. I'm 5'4" and every time I try on a maxi dress I feel like I'm drowning in the fabric, but I love not having to worry about a dress being long enough to cover everything. Midi dresses strike the perfect balance of those things for someone my height. I feel incredibly comfortable and carefree in a midi dress, without having to worry about it dragging on the floor. I also love how versatile this dress is. With flat sandals and a satchel type bag, it's casual enough for everyday, but dressed up with heels or wedges and a fun clutch, it would be the perfect dress for a summer wedding!



No comments:

Post a Comment