Friday, July 13, 2018

Weekly Window Shopping: Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

With the Nordstrom Anniversary starting yesterday for cardholders and next Friday, July 20th, for everyone, I decided that this week's Weekly Window Shopping would be a roundup of a few of my favorite things from the sale.



I always buy one or two pairs of shoes each year at the Anniversary Sale. These flats immediately caught my eye. The bow is absolutely darling, while still being somewhat mature of a bow. These shoes could easily be worn to work, dressed up for a night out, or worn during the day with a pair of jeans. They come in 6 or 7 different colors, but I love the navy for fall. It's such an easy color to pair with, so it could go with everything.



I've gotten really into midi dresses over the past few months, and this dress is a great way to take this style into late summer and early fall. I love a classic plaid shirtdress, and the length makes this one even better. It would look great with brown loafers or booties, and is the perfect transition piece from summer to fall.



You can't go wrong with a timeless houndstooth print for fall and winter, and this short sleeve sweater nails it. The slightly puffed shoulder elevates this otherwise simple top. This top would be great for work with black dress pants and black pumps, or worn out at night with a black skirt and chunky heels or black booties. 



Living in the South, raincoats can be kind of tricky. Most of the time when it rains here it's too warm or sticky out to comfortably wear a raincoat, you'll be sweater within 2 minutes if you try, so I've mostly stuck to umbrellas for the past couple years. But since I'm moving up to New Jersey in two months, I know that I'll need a good raincoat for the fall. I love the large colorblock stripes on this coat. I'm a sucker for any shade of blue, and navy in particular, so this coat is right up my alley. They colorblock is playful and fun, but the colors themselves are neutral enough that the coat isn't childish at all. The chunky buttons are a gorgeous finishing touch. Kate Spade always impresses me with their coats.



I'm a total watch girl. I wear a watch almost everyday, and I have four of them in rotation right now. Sometimes I'll stack a bangle with my watch, but the watch is usually the starting point. I prefer leather straps to metal ones, and I've been looking for a good nude or brown watch for about a month now, and this one is perfect. The watch face is so chic and simple, and the double wrap of the strap adds some flair to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment