Monday, September 17, 2018

End of Summer Style


























I took these photos just over a week ago. At that point I thought that I was going to stay at Erik's place for another two weeks before heading up to New Jersey, but Hurricane Florence changed those plans. Erik's house is in a county that was/is under mandatory evacuation so we both headed up to New Jersey last Tuesday and have been staying at my parents house, because my apartment won't be ready for me to move into until this upcoming weekend. Since we left far enough in advance of the storm, we had no trouble getting out of North Carolina and heading North. Erik can't head back to his house for a few more days though, because all the roads heading into his town are flooded. Based on power outage maps, it looks like his house only lost power for about half a day, and his house is high enough above sea level that it's very unlikely that it flooded at all. He's lucky that he's not expecting much damage to his house, given that many neighborhoods around him haven't been so lucky. We took these pictures in Swansboro after grabbing brunch at one of our favorite restaurants in the area. As of Sunday, these roads are flooded and the restaurant we were at is half underwater. North Carolina will rebuild, but keep the state in your thoughts as it continues to experience intense flooding.

























This was one of my last weekends of summer, and I took advantage of the beautiful weather. Soon I'll have to pack up my shorts and sandals until next May. Tie front shorts are so much fun for spring and summer. I love a bow detail, and this front bow really elevates a pair of otherwise simple shorts. The silk scarf tied around my bad adds a pop of color and pattern to a somewhat neutral outfit. The navy in the scarf pattern ties together the navy shirt, watch, and bag. The scarf has a peacock printed on it, it was a Gift With Purchase from Lilly Pulitzer, but there are so many square silk scarves with fun prints on them out right now. I'm currently on the hunt for one with a deep forest or olive green as the main color to use in fall. Around a purse handle is my favorite place for a square scarf, but they also look super cute tied around your neck in place of a statement necklace, or tied around a ponytail. This is the kind of outfit that can be worn again and again, with different accessory variations to make the outfit pop. It would look great with statement earrings, a larger pendant necklace, a whimsical statement bag, or a bright pair of shoes. I love having a few base outfits in rotation like this one.

























~ Shirt (similar) ~ Shorts (similar) ~ Necklace ~ Purse (similar) ~ Scarf (similar) ~ Watch ~ Sandals (similar) ~ Sunglasses~

4 comments:

  1. We are very much into autumn here in Scotland these days and I must say even though I know I will miss summer, I very much look forward to hot chocolate and cozy knits!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://www.natbees.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous, we keep getting teases of autumn weather for a day or two, and then it's back to being hot and muggy. I can't wait to pull out my sweaters and riding boots!

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit!!
    Xo, Kelsey
    www.bleuandwhit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete